Aug 6, 2013

Steve Jobs : American Genius

Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs is the co-founder of the the world's #1 most admired company, Apple. I first came across Steve Jobs, when my mom showed me his Stanford University speech. His speech was amazing and at the same time inspiring.
So I decided to do some research about him and I came across this book, Steve Jobs: American Genius by Amanda Ziller. In this biography, the author explains Steve Jobs' life in chronological order, his achievements, what inspired him, his friends, and his difficulties.
Here are some events I like about the book: 
  • Apple actually started in a garage!
  • Steve Jobs wasn't the only one who started Apple, Steve Wozniak and Mike Markkula also helped with creation of Apple.
  • Before Jobs created Apple, he worked for the first video gaming company, Atari.
  • When Jobs wanted to travel to India, he actually had to travel to Germany first, because the person who hired him, Al Alcorn, explained that if he went to Germany and fixed the Germans gaming problems, Jobs could go to India because  the airfare from Germany to India would be cheaper.
  • Jobs created Pixar Animation Studios, the first studio to create a computer animated movie, Toy Story.  

 After I read this book, I realized that Jobs' journey wasn't easy. Even though things didn't go his way, he still didn't give up. This is what is so inspiring about Steve Jobs.



apple                     pixar

0 comments:

Post a Comment